Back in a time when Trek had two American Tour winners in its army, they also produced some sweet spine bikes like the one that I was recently able to build up. I acquired the frame through some manner of ritual sacrifice, and some favors from people with a killer collegiate cycling team..
I’ve nicknamed her the “LeTrek.” The photos can obviously show why.
• Reynolds 853 paired with OCLV 120 Carbon – Handmade in Waterloo, Wisconsin!
• Some random Reynolds carbon fork that I acquired with the frame.
• SRAM Force Gruppo
• Bontrager Race X Lite Stem, Handlebars, Seatpost
• Race X Lite Inform Saddle
• Speedplay X2 Pedals
• Various wheels on her now – eventually will get my own set of Bontrager Classics as I’m apparently harsh on my bikes.
The Great Trek Bicycle Making Corporation makes sweet bikes. That they do indeed!
The bike rides even better than I could ever imagine. I won’t lie, I’m quite fond of this build for sure.